These delightful mini almond flour crepes make breakfast delicious and healthy with added flax seeds and a side of fresh strawberries.
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup almond milk or water
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground flax seeds (or flaxseed meal)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- Prep: Wash and slice the strawberries and set aside. Whisk the eggs and almond milk together in a large bowl, add the almond flour, arrowroot starch, ground flax seeds and salt, and whisk once more to combine.
- Melt the oil: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil to the pan until it just melts, and then slowly drizzle the melted oil into the crepe batter, whisking as you pour it in. Reheat the pan by placing it back on the warm burner for a minute.
- Cook the crepes: Use a large spoon to pour the batter into the pan to make four mini crepes. Cook the first side for a minute or two until the wetness of the batter disappears. Flip, and cook another minute until the crepes are light golden brown. Keep the cooked crepes warm in a 200-degree F oven or warming plate.
- Serve: Plate the crepes alongside the fresh sliced strawberries, and enjoy!
Makes about 8-10 mini crepes per serving.
Keywords: healthy crepes, paleo crepes