This delicious egg and avocado toast recipe is not only healthy and protein packed, it takes just ten minutes to make on a busy morning!
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large slices whole-grain bread or gluten-free bread
- Prep: Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Use the back of a fork to mash the avocado until it's smooth and spreadable. Add a little salt and pepper and mix to incorporate.
- Cook: Heat the butter in a small trying pan over medium-high heat until it bubbles and then crack an egg in and cook to your liking, flipping once if you're making a fried egg or mixing it around the pan for a scrambled egg.
- Toast: While the egg is cooking, toast the bread until crispy and golden.
- Assemble: Using a spoon, spread the avocado evenly on the toast, top with your egg and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Keywords: avocado toast ideas, healthy breakfast