This avocado toast recipe is super easy and so delicious! A great breakfast staple or healthy snack for any time of the year.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 large slices whole-grain bread or gluten-free bread
Topping ideas (all are optional):
- sprinkled everything bagel toppings (one of my faves, as shown here)
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- a bit of extra-virgin olive oil
- a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder or ground cumin
- freshly chopped cilantro or dill
- thinly sliced tomato, onion or radishes
- some fresh salsa
- a poached or fried egg
- Mash: Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Use the back of a fork to mash the avocado until it's smooth and spreadable. Add salt and/or other desired seasonings and mix once more to incorporate.
- Toast: Toast the bread until crispy and golden.
- Spread: Using a spoon, divide the avocado between the toast slices and use the back of the spoon to distribute it evenly on the toast.
- Top: Add any extra toppings you'd like, and enjoy!
Keywords: quick avocado toast, avocado breakfast