When you need pure breakfast decadence with all the comfort and none of the fuss. These banana Nutella crepes are so easy and so delicious!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour blend (see notes)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more to grease pan
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Prep: Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl. Pour in the milk and water, and whisk to combine followed by the flour, flaxseed meal and salt. Melt the butter and slowly add to the batter while whisking once more. Slice the bananas into thin slices or slivers and set aside.
- Cook the crepes: Heat a small crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. For each crepe, add a little butter to coat the pan and then pour in about 1/4 cup of batter while lifting the pan to distribute it evenly. Cook the first side for a minute or two until the wetness of the batter disappears. Flip and cook another minute until light golden brown. Keep the crepes warm on a low oven or warming plate.
- Assemble: Working with one crepe at a time, spread a thin coat of Nutella down the middle, place about 6 banana slices on the Nutella, and then roll it all up. Gently heat the remaining Nutella in the microwave on low power for 30 seconds or so (don't overheat). Place about 3 crepes on each serving plate and top everything with more bananas and drizzle with warmed Nutella.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately, and enjoy!
I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour Blend for the gluten-free version and it worked like a charm. Just make sure the one you choose is white or brown rice based and not bean based as the flavor may be too strong for these delicate beauties (Bob’s also has an all-purpose flour that is garbanzo bean based–I do not recommend this one for this recipe.)
Keywords: Nutella desserts, banana crepes