This breakfast bowl is so good! With kimchi, asparagus & eggs, it is both healthy and super comforting when you've craving savory in the am.
- 1 cup cooked white rice or brown rice
- 6 thin spears asparagus
- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup kimchi (I used Sunja's Medium Spicy Kimchi)
- pinch sea salt, to taste
- pinch freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prep: Warm the rice and trim the asparagus. Preheat a large skillet to medium heat and add ghee to coat.
- Cook: Once the ghee is shimmering, crack the egg, cover the pan to avoid spattering and cook for about a minute. Then, add the asparagus spears to the skillet alongside the egg and re-cover the pan. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until the egg white sets.
- Serve: Place the rice in a serving bowl. Remove the skillet from the heat, drizzle a little of the coconut aminos over the asparagus, and the rest over the rice. Use a metal spatula to carefully scrape under the egg and lay it over the rice, followed by the asparagus and kimchi. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Keywords: rice bowls, kimchi breakfast