This super easy chili recipe takes only 30 minutes on a busy night! It's healthy, family friendly and features simple, wholesome ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 25-ounce jar pasta sauce, preferably low-sodium
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, or water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (optional, and delicious!)
- sour cream, shredded cheese or fresh cilantro, to garnish (all are optional)
- Prep: Chop the onions and celery, and mince the garlic; set aside.
- Sauté: Heat half the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break it up in the pan. Sauté until just brown, add some salt and pepper to taste, and then set the browned meat aside in a bowl. Add the rest of the oil to the pot and sauté the onions until translucent. Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute or so, and then the celery for a few more minutes.
- Simmer: Add the spices, pasta sauce, vegetable broth (or water) and browned beef to the pot, and bring the chili briefly to a boil. If desired, add the cashews now. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts do not include cashews or other optional toppings.
Keywords: easy chili recipes, healthy chili