This delicious and simple tuna sauerkraut salad makes for a quick, healthy lunch paired with some crusty bread or a cup of soup.
- 1/4 small onion (any kind)
- 2 medium stalks celery
- 5 ounces canned tuna (I like Wild Planet's canned tuna which is lower in mercury due to the smaller size of the fish)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut* (see notes)
- 4 cups salad greens (any variety)
- Prep: Wash the salad greens if necessary, and set aside. Wash and finely chop the onion and celery and place in a medium mixing bowl. Drain the tuna and add to the bowl, flaking it with a fork into small pieces.
- Mix: Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Serve: Place an equal serving of salad greens, tuna salad and sauerkraut in each bowl. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make sure to look for raw sauerkraut with live cultures in the refrigerated section of the grocery store (shelf-stable sauerkraut made with vinegar doesn't contain any live probiotics.)
Keywords: recipes with sauerkraut, tuna salad recipes