Looking for a great Brussels sprouts recipe? This one is a classic! (And, it's the perfect delicious and easy side for holidays or any time of the year.)
The ingredients for roasted Brussels sprouts are SO simple. All you'll need is:
- Brussels sprouts
- Garlic (this is optional, but great for garlic lovers!)
- olive oil
- sea salt
And that's it! It really is the perfect easy side dish.
The first step is to wash and trim your Brussels sprouts.
How to trim Brussels sprouts
In the photo above, you'll notice that some of these fresh Brussels sprouts have thicker stems. Go ahead and trim those off (we just want to cook the tender part of the sprouts.) Next, if there are any brown or discolored leaves, you can discard those as well.
For this recipe, you'll want to cut the Brussels sprouts in half down the middle--but you could also leave whole of your sprouts are on the small side. When you cut, some of the leaves will fall off but that's okay! You can add them to the roasting pan too as they'll crisp up and offer even more roasted goodness to the dish.
How to roast Brussels sprouts in the oven
And finally, the roasting. Place your trimmed Brussels sprouts (and chopped garlic, if you're using) into a large mixing bowl and add some olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Give them a good mix so that all of the sprouts are coated.
Next, I like to prepare the sheet pan with a layer of parchment paper to make cleanup easy afterward, but feel free to roast directly on the pan too. Pour the sprouts out onto the sheet pan and arrange so that most of the sprouts are sliced-side down on the pan (they'll get nice and brown this way.)
Roast in a 425 degree F oven for about 25 minutes and check to see if they are browned and crispy to your liking, or roast a little longer if you like things extra crispy.
Let cool for a few minutes, season with a little extra salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy!
You might also like:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 cloves garlic optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prep: Preheat the over to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper (optional, for easy cleanup). Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts, and finely chop garlic if using. Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss gently to coat.
- Roast: Slowly pour the Brussels sprouts onto the baking pan to form a single layer, with most turned cut-side down for better roasting. Roast for 25 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Enjoy: Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy immediately. Any leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.