This versatile apple cider vinaigrette dressing should definitely be in your back pocket. It takes only five minutes to make and needs only three ingredients which are probably already in your pantry. 🙂
It goes great over a simple greens salad alongside a quick dinner like this walnut and herb crusted chicken dish, or a simple lentil soup recipe for lunch. I also love it as a dipping sauce for a quick and healthy appetizer of chopped veggies like carrot sticks, radishes, bell peppers, etc.
For even more Mediterranean flavors, you can also try this easy homemade Greek salad dressing recipe.
The ingredients couldn't be any easier and if you don't already have these in your pantry, they are definitely recommended staples to have on hand. These should be readily available at any grocery store.
The three ingredients you'll need are:
- raw apple cider vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
See recipe card below for exact quantities.
To make this easy vinaigrette, just place all of the ingredients in a pint-sized Mason jar, cover the jar tightly and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Note that you can use any jar or salad dressing container you have on hand, as long as it can hold at least a cup and a half or two cups of liquid and has a tight-fitting lid.
Pro tip: Shake your dressing just before serving and before each use, as the ingredients will separate in between uses.
- Apple cider vinegar - feel free to substitute red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar if your don't have any apple cider vinegar on hand (you may wish to use a little less than the 1:1 vinegar to oil ration in this case since these vinegars can be overpowering); you can also substitute some fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar, if desired
- Olive oil - avocado oil also works great, and is just as heart-healthy as olive oil
- Italian seasoning - if you don't have this exact spice mix on hand, use any of the following herbs in combination which usually make up this mix anyway: basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram
Want to mix things up a little? Here are a couple good add-ons for this vinaigrette:
- Creamy/zesty - add a little Dijon mustard
- Sweet/kid friendly - add a little honey
The only item you'll need for this recipe is a good jar or container with a tight-fitting lid to shake and store the dressing in.
- Mason jar
This dressing can be stored at room temperature for up to a week, or in the fridge for up to two weeks or perhaps slightly longer.
Note that if you will be refrigerating it, the olive oil will become solid as it cools. To reincorporate the oil, let the dressing sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before using, and then shake once the oil warms a little.
🎉 Top tip
Apple cider vinegar has numerous health benefits, particularly raw apple cider vinegar recommended in this recipe due to its natural probiotic content. Combined with heart-healthy olive oil, this dressing is not only delicious--it's super healthy too!
Easiest Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Combine: Place all of the ingredients in a pint-sized Mason jar or other jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake: Cover the jar tightly with the lid and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Enjoy: Shake again just before serving, and before each use.