This cherry tomato Caprese salad is so easy and is just bursting with fresh flavor! A perfect side salad or anytime appetizer.
I love my local farmers market.
I love the simple beauty of the produce, and the imperfections.
All of those beautiful and unique differences from vegetable to vegetable.
I also love seeing the crops change as the weeks change, and I love that this reminds me to be more mindful of eating seasonally.
Today I am inspired by these amazing little organic orange cherry tomatoes. 🙂
Earlier this spring I bought some starter herbs from the same farm for our little balcony garden, and the basil is thriving.
So...basically a match made in Caprese salad heaven here.
How to make Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes
The best part about this salad is it's simplicity. It's so easy to throw together on a warm summer day, even at the last minute.
The only real prep required is to wash and halve your cherry tomatoes, halve the baby mozzarella balls, and slice the basil into thin ribbons.
Tip: Here's a quick and easy way to slice your basil. First, roll all of the leaves together lengthwise. Then, make slices all down the roll which become long ribbons. That's it!
And finally, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over everything. Sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper on top to taste, serve and enjoy!
You might also like:
Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- 2 cups baby mozzarella balls
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large bunch fresh basil about 12-14 leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prep: Wash and halve cherry tomatoes, and halve mozzarella balls. Roll basil leaves together vertically and then make thin slices across the roll so that you end up with basil ribbons.
- Combine: Place tomatoes, basil and mozzarella into a large mixing bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Drizzle: Drizzle everything with olive oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately and enjoy!