This is hands down my favorite berry smoothie ever! With four kinds of berries, a touch of honey and no added processed sugar, this is the BEST berry smoothie ever. (Bonus: it's super easy!)
No matter the season, I can never seem to get enough smoothies in my life. And this one is one of my absolute favorites because it's so easy and hardly requires minimal ingredients. Plus, it's delicious. 🙂
This mixed berry smoothie recipe requires very few ingredients, all of which you can find in any grocery store.
- soy milk (or another favorite plant milk, or dairy milk)
- ripe banana - no need to freeze
- frozen mixed berries
- fresh mint (optional, for garnish)
See recipe card below for exact quantities.
Ready to learn how to make a berry smoothie?
First, place all of the ingredients in the order listed in a blender, and cover. Then, slowly increase the speed to high and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. And that's it! 🙂
Pro tip: Use a professional-grade blender (if you have one) for an extra smooth texture, but a standard blender will work just fine too.
This berry smoothie recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free as written. Feel free to make any of the following substitutions:
- Soy free - use almond milk, rice milk, oat milk, or dairy milk
- Vegan - use agave syrup or coconut sugar instead of honey
Here are a few delicious smoothie variations you can try:
- Banana berry smoothie - add an extra banana and use half the amount of berries
- Yogurt berry smoothie - use half yogurt and half water instead of milk (plain or vanilla yogurt both work well)
- Spinach berry smoothie - add a handful or more of baby spinach leaves
Here is the equipment you'll need to make these smoothies:
- professional-grade blender or standard blender
Berry smoothies will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 24 hours but are best when consumed immediately.
Smoothies don't stand up well to freezing.
🎉 Top tip
If you like your smoothies extra icy, you can freeze the banana ahead of time (for at least a couple hours, or overnight.) Or, just add several ice cubes before you blend to achieve the same effect.
This berry smoothie is incredibly refreshing, bold with flavor, and super healthy with just a touch of added honey and no processed sugar.
- 1 cup soy milk (or another favorite plant milk, or dairy milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 sprigs fresh mint (optional, for garnish)
- Blend: Place all of the ingredients in the order listed in a blender, and cover. Increase speed to high and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Enjoy: Pour into tall glasses and enjoy immediately or save in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Use a professional-grade blender (if you have one) for an extra smooth texture, but a standard blender will work just fine too.
Keywords: berry smoothie recipes, banana berry smoothie