Looking for a vegan alternative to scrambled eggs? This tofu scramble with veggies, Dijon and dill should definitely fit the bill! It's savory, easy and delicious. 🙂
Once I learned how to make tofu scramble from scratch, I realized that I love it every bit as much as scrambled eggs (if not more!) It's just as quick and easy, with the only added step being to chop up some veggies beforehand.
Tip #1: The dill and Dijon mustard are the secret ingredients in this recipe, so definitely don't leave them out (especially the Dijon!)
Tip #2: This savory dish also makes a great lunch alongside some simple chopped greens or a bow of fruit.
The ingredients required for this vegan tofu scramble are minimal, and you may even have a number of them on hand already.
- olive oil
- onion (any kind)
- red pepper
- firm tofu
- Dijon mustard
- dried dill
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Pro tip: Feel free to get creative with the veggies! You can easily add mushrooms, chopped greens or your other favorite add-ons. I like the simplicity of the onion and red pepper combo on a busy morning, but you can add anything else you might want to use up or substitute.
How to make tofu scramble
To make this recipe, start warming some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and then dice some onion and red pepper. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until it browns a little, and then add and cook the red pepper for another minute or so.
While the veggies continue to cook, rinse a block of firm tofu under cold water and use your hands to press it together to squeeze any extra water out. Then, use your fingers to crumble little pieces of tofu right into the skillet.
Finally, add some Dijon, dill and salt and pepper to the skillet, mix everything around to incorporate the mustard, and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Serve immediately, and enjoy!
You might also like:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ medium onion any kind
- ½ medium red bell pepper
- ½ pound firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prep: Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dice the onion and red pepper.
- Cook: Once the oil is shimmering, add the onion and cook until it's edges just start to brown. Add the red pepper and cook for a minute or two more. While the red pepper is cooking, rinse the tofu under cold water and then use your hands to press it together to squeeze any extra water out of it. Use your fingers to crumble little pieces of tofu right into the skillet, stir, and cook for a couple minutes.
- Season: Add the Dijon, dill and some salt and pepper to the skillet, and then adjust the seasonings to taste if necessary.
- Enjoy: Divide between plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply