This peach smoothie with yogurt features only fruit and no extra added sugar; a win win for whenever you're craving a refreshing, healthy snack. 🙂
Blending up fruits, veggies and other super foods into a smoothie is one of my all time favorite things to do in the kitchen. It's super fun, and also delicious!
Just a few ingredients are required for this smoothie; if you don't have frozen pineapple, you can also use frozen mango or strawberries.
- vanilla yogurt, Greek yogurt or Skyr (or a plant-based yogurt for vegan)
- water or milk (any kind)
- small banana
- frozen peaches
- frozen pineapple or mango
- dash cinnamon
See recipe card below for exact quantities.
To make this peach smoothie, simple place all of the ingredients in the order listed in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute.
Pro tip: A professional-grade blender will create the smoothest smoothies, but a standard blender will also work just fine (it may just need a little bit of extra blend time.)
As written, this recipe will make two large smoothies or four kids smoothies.
Here are a few substitutions you can use for this smoothie recipe:
- Vegan - use a plant based vanilla yogurt instead of dairy
- Banana - if you don't have any ripe bananas on hand just use a little extra yogurt, peaches and pineapple, and add a teaspoon or more of honey for sweetness, if needed
- Pineapple - see smoothie variations below for pineapple substitutions
This banana peach smoothie base works really well with a variety of other fruit variations. Here are a few you can try:
- Mango peach smoothie - use frozen mango instead of pineapple
- Strawberry peach smoothie - use frozen strawberries instead of pineapple
- Blueberry peach smoothie - use frozen blueberries instead of pineapple
Here is the equipment you'll need to make this smoothie:
- professional-grade blender or standard blender
This smoothie will stay fresh in a covered glass or pitcher for up to 24 hours in the fridge, but is best when consumed immediately. It does not stand up well to freezing.
🎉 Top tip
This smoothie recipe is extremely versatile and hard to mess up! So if you don't have all of the required ingredients on hand, feel free to get creative with other fruit combinations such as peaches with mango, strawberries or blueberries. And if things aren't sweet enough, you can always add a touch of honey.
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt, Greek yogurt or Skyr, or a plant-based yogurt for vegan
- ½ cup water or milk any kind
- 1 small banana
- 1 ½ cups frozen peaches
- ½ cup frozen pineapple or mango
- ½ cup ice
- dash cinnamon
- Blend: Place all of the ingredients in the order listed in a professional-grade blender or standard blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute.
- Enjoy: Divide the smoothie evenly into two tall glasses, and enjoy!