Nothing can compare with homemade chicken salad! This chicken salad with avocado recipe is packed with fresh veggies, avocado, lemon juice and dill; so perfect in a crusty sandwich or on top of greens for a quick lunch.
I always love to have some fresh chicken or tuna salad on hand for quick lunches or anytime healthy snacks. This chicken salad with avocado is one of my favorites, because avocado makes everything a little more awesome. 😉
The ingredients in this salad are minimal and easy to find:
- chicken breast
- celery, red onion and avocado
- mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- fresh dill
- sea salt and pepper
This salad recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken if you have any, or see recipe notes for easy instructions on cooking chicken breasts in the oven. You could also buy pre-cooked chicken strips or a Rotisserie chicken to dice up.
Once you have everything chopped, simply combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to incorporate the mayonnaise evenly. You can adjust the seasoning at the end with a little extra sea salt or pepper.
Avocado chicken salad uses
My favorite way to enjoy this salad is on some freshly toasted bread; I like to add a few tomato slices and lettuce to make the sandwich complete. Or, buy some salad greens and add a large scoop of this salad on the top with some balsamic vinaigrette over everything for a delicious and filling salad.
Snacks just got healthier too--this salad becomes an instant snack or super easy appetizer on top of crackers, or served alone with some sliced carrots or cucumbers. It's an incredibly versatile recipe. 🙂
You might also like:
Chicken Salad with Avocado
- 3 cups diced chicken breast (see notes)
- 2 stalks celery
- ¼ small red onion
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I like Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chop: Chop the chicken, celery, onion, avocado and dill and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine: Add all remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate the mayonnaise evenly.
- Serve: Serve immediately over greens or in a sandwich, or just enjoy on its own as a snack.