This delicious roasted cauliflower recipe is so versatile and so EASY! Meet your new favorite side dish (that's actually healthy.) 😉
Oh how I love, love, love oven roasted cauliflower. It's so simple and hands off, and yet it comes out of the oven tasting like a fancy restaurant side. This crowd pleaser might even win over those hard to convert cauliflower eaters. (And bonus: it's super healthy.)
This cauliflower side dish pairs well with pretty much everything from steak, chicken and salmon to any vegetarian main dish. I love pairing it with this pan seared salmon in place of the broccoli, or alongside this walnut and herb crusted chicken.
The ingredient list is super simple for this cauliflower side, and the fresher the cauliflower the better.
See recipe card below for exact quantities.
The only actual work in this recipe is all in the prep. To start, preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (for super easy cleanup.)
Wash and trim the cauliflower, removing any green leaves, and cut the head first into quarters and then into medium-sized florets.
Next, melt a little butter, place the cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl, and drizzle some olive oil and melted butter over them. Sprinkle everything with garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix well to combine, and pour out onto the prepared baking sheet.
And finally, place the baking sheet in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or the cauliflower just starts to turn golden brown, turning the florets once halfway through.
Top with extra salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
As written, this roast cauliflower recipe is vegetarian and gluten free. Here are a couple of easy substitutions you can use in addition:
- Vegan - substitute all olive oil for the butter
- Garlic powder - feel free to use minced fresh garlic (equally delicious!) or just leave out altogether
You can easily customize this recipe for any taste! Here are a few ideas:
- Parmesan roasted cauliflower - add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese before roasting; it's one of my favorite add-ons 🙂
- Curry roasted cauliflower - add a little of your favorite curry powder instead of garlic
- Spicy roasted cauliflower - add a pinch of cayenne pepper or crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Kid friendly - use a little less garlic or just leave out for little ones
Here is the list of equipment I used in this recipe:
- baking sheet
- parchment paper (optional, but recommended for easy cleanup)
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- large mixing bowl
Oven roasted cauliflower will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
🎉 Top tip
Don't forget to melt the butter just before you drizzle it over the cauliflower with the olive oil, and make sure to mix really well so that all of the florets get coated for even roasting.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Wash and trim the cauliflower, and cut into medium-sized florets.
- Combine: Place the cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl, drizzle the oil and butter over them, and sprinkle everything with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and pour out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast: Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning the florets once halfway through.
- Enjoy: Top with extra salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately, and enjoy!